The concept presents empirical evidence on the evolving role of transformational change and case study evidence of such changes within organisations.
Transformational Change Definition
Transformational change occurs in response to, or in anticipation of, major changes in an organisation’s environment or technology. These changes often are associated with significant revision of the firm’s business strategy, which in turn may require modifying internal structures and processes as well as its corporate culture to support the new direction (Cummings and Worley, 2009).
Transformational Change Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Transformational Change.
Transformational Change Strengths *
Transformational Change Weaknesses *
Examples of Transformational Change *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Transformational Change Implementation *
Success Factors of Transformational Change *
Measures of Transformational Change *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Transformational Change Videos *
Transformational Change Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Transformational Change Web Resources *
Transformational Change Print Resources *
Transformational Change References (4 of up to 20) *
- Adcroft, A., Willis, R. and Hurst, J. (2008) A New Model for Managing Change: The Holistic View. Journal of Business Strategy, Vol. 29(1), pp. 40-45.
- Alimo-Metcalfe, B. and Alban-Metcalfe, R. (2000) Heaven Can Wait. Health Service Journal, 12, 26-29 October.
- Bommer, W.H., Rich, G.A. and Rubin, R.S. (2005) Changing Attitudes about Change: Longitudinal Effects of Transformational Leader Behaviour on Employee Cynicism about Organisational Change. Journal of Organisational Behaviour, Vol. 26, pp. 733-53.
- Burnes, B. (2009) Managing Change. (5th Ed.) Pearson Education, Essex, UK.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Transformational Change and hundreds of other essential business management techniques