Good leaders are continually working on, and studying to improve, their leadership skills. This technique explores what makes a good leader and covers the characteristics of good organisational leadership.
Leadership is characteristic of individuals demonstrating long-term and future-oriented perspectives, and who provide a vision for their followers that looks beyond their immediate surroundings (Navahandi, 2000).
Leadership Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Leadership.
Leadership Strengths *
Leadership Weaknesses *
Examples of Leadership *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Leadership Implementation *
Success Factors of Leadership *
Measures of Leadership *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Leadership Videos *
Leadership Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Leadership Web Resources *
Leadership Print Resources *
Leadership References (4 of up to 20) *
- Barker, R.A. (1997) How Can We Train Leaders if We Do Not Know What Leadership Is? Human Relations, Vol. 50(4), pp. 343-62.
- Buchanan, D. and Huczynski, A. (2004) Organisational Behaviour: An Introductory Text. (5th Ed.) Prentice Hall, Essex, UK.
- Burnes, B. (2009) Managing Change. (5th Ed.) Pearson Education, Essex, UK.
- Burns, J.M. (1978) Leadership. Harper and Row, New York.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Leadership and hundreds of other essential business management techniques