The concept reviews the process used to determine what products or services may be of interest to customers and the strategy to use for marketing mix. It also explores the process of understanding, creating and delivering value to targeted business markets and customers.
Marketing Management Definition
Marketing is the process used to determine what products or services may be of interest to customers and the strategy to use in sales, communications and business development (Kotler et al. 1996). The American Association of Marketing define marketing management as the process of planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion and distribution of ideas, goods and services in order to create, exchange and satisfy individual and organisational objectives (Grönroos, 1989).
Marketing Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Marketing Management.
Marketing Management Strengths *
Marketing Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Marketing Management *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Marketing Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Marketing Management *
Measures of Marketing Management *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Marketing Management Videos *
Marketing Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Marketing Management Web Resources *
Marketing Management Print Resources *
Marketing Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Borden N. (1964) The Concept of the Marketing Mix. Journal of Advertising Research, Vol. 24(4), 7-12.
- Clow, K. and Baack, D. (2007) Integrated Advertising, Promotion, and Marketing Communications. Pearson Education.
- Drummond, G., Ensor, J. and Ashford, R. (2008) Strategic Marketing: Planning and Control. Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK.
- Grönroos, C. (1989) Defining Marketing: a Market-Oriented Approach. European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 23(1), pp. 52-60.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Marketing Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques