This concept reviews the process of strategic planning and shows how companies can implement strategies to enhance company and product competitiveness. It also offers a summary of the benefits of the process and examples of its application.
Strategic Planning Definition
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions aimed at shaping the nature and direction of an organisation’s activities (Bryson, 1988; Rudd et al., 2008).
Strategic Planning Description *
* The full technique overview will be available soon. Contact us to register your interest in our business management platform, and learn all about Strategic Planning.
Strengths, weaknesses and examples of Strategic Planning *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Implementation, success factors and measures of Strategic Planning *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Strategic Planning videos and downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Strategic Planning web and print resources *
Strategic Planning references (4 of up to 20) *
- Bryson, J. (1988) Strategic Planning for Public and Non-profit Organisations. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco.
- Drummond, G., Ensor, J. and Ashford, R. (2008) Strategic Marketing: Planning and Control. Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK.
- Dwyer, R. (1997) Strategic Planning: The Concept. Department of Indian Affairs, India.
- FCAR (2001) Best Practices: Strategic Planning, Foundation for Community Association Research, US.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Strategic Planning and hundreds of other essential business management techniques