This concept reviews the process of strategic planning and shows how companies can implement strategies to enhance company and product competitiveness. It also offers a summary of the benefits of the process and examples of its application.
Strategic Planning Definition
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions aimed at shaping the nature and direction of an organisation’s activities (Bryson, 1988; Rudd et al., 2008).
Strategic Planning Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Strategic Planning.
Strategic Planning Strengths *
Strategic Planning Weaknesses *
Examples of Strategic Planning *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Strategic Planning Implementation *
Success Factors of Strategic Planning *
Measures of Strategic Planning *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Strategic Planning Videos *
Strategic Planning Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Strategic Planning Web Resources *
Strategic Planning Print Resources *
Strategic Planning References (4 of up to 20) *
- Bryson, J. (1988) Strategic Planning for Public and Non-profit Organisations. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco.
- Drummond, G., Ensor, J. and Ashford, R. (2008) Strategic Marketing: Planning and Control. Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK.
- Dwyer, R. (1997) Strategic Planning: The Concept. Department of Indian Affairs, India.
- FCAR (2001) Best Practices: Strategic Planning, Foundation for Community Association Research, US.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Strategic Planning and hundreds of other essential business management techniques