The concept focuses on quality management practices and their role in establishing and sustaining competitive advantage. It reviews the main capabilities, success factors and useful implementation information.
Quality Management Definition
Quality management overlooks all activities of the organisation "that determine quality policies, objectives and responsibilities so that the project would satisfy needs for which it was undertaken" (Project Management Institute). Quality management generally incorporates four processes: quality planning, quality assurance, quality control and quality improvement.
Quality Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Quality Management.
Quality Management Strengths *
Quality Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Quality Management *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Quality Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Quality Management *
Measures of Quality Management *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Quality Management Videos *
Quality Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Quality Management Web Resources *
Quality Management Print Resources *
Quality Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Cane, A. (2011) Performance Management: Five Priorities for Designing a System that Aligns with IT. Financial Times. 17 May.
- Dembosky, A. and Nuttall, C. (2011) Visionary Pushed Bounds of Wireless Devices. Financial Times. 13 October.
- Deming, W.E. (1986) Out of the Crisis. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Donnelly, M. (2007) Streamlining Coast Guard's Accounts Payable Process. [online] Available at www.isixsigma.com/methodology/lean-methodology/streamlining-coast-guards-accounts-payable-process [Accessed: 29 January 2012].
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Quality Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques