Total Quality Management
The concept analyses various aspects of TQM with emphasis on its strengths and limitations. It also examines the key elements of the approach and some critical factors that can influence its implementation process.
Total Quality Management Definition
Total quality management (TQM) is a modern approach to the management of the whole organisation that emphasises the role of quality in meeting the needs and expectations of its customers. TQM stresses the need for the whole company to manage quality at every stage of production and interaction with the customer (Lynch, 2006).
Total Quality Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Total Quality Management.
Total Quality Management Strengths *
Total Quality Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Total Quality Management *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Total Quality Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Total Quality Management *
Measures of Total Quality Management *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Total Quality Management Videos *
Total Quality Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Total Quality Management Web Resources *
Total Quality Management Print Resources *
Total Quality Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Antony, J. and Banuelas, R. (2002) Key Ingredients for the Effective Implementation of Six Sigma Program. Measuring Business Excellence, Vol. 6(4), pp. 20-27.
- Besterfield, D.H., Besterfield-Michna, C., Besterfield, G.H., Besterfield-Sacre, M., Urdhwareshe, H. and Urdhwareshe, R. (2011) Total Quality Management. Pearson, New Delhi.
- Chorn, N.H. (1991) Total Quality Management: Panacea or Pitfall?. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol. 11, pp. 31-35.
- Daft, R.L., Murphy, J. and Willmott, H. (2010) Organization Theory and Design. Cengage Learning, Mason, OH.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Total Quality Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques