The AIDA concept explains successive stages buyers go through when making a decision to buy (or not to buy) a product and describes a four-step process that firms follow to reach prospective buyers.
AIDA is a model of communication that is designed to capture the process that firms go through to reach prospective buyers to sell their products and services. It is an acronym for Attention, Interest, Desire and Action that demonstrates the successive stages buyers pass through in a linear hierarchy (Belch, 2008). Following the original conception, a further factor of 'S' was added to recognise the importance of customer 'satisfaction' as the ultimate aim of products/services, forming the acronym AIDAS (Kotler and Armstrong, 2011).
AIDA Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about AIDA.
AIDA Strengths *
AIDA Weaknesses *
Examples of AIDA *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
AIDA Implementation *
Success Factors of AIDA *
Measures of AIDA *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
AIDA Videos *
AIDA Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
AIDA Web Resources *
AIDA Print Resources *
AIDA References (4 of up to 20) *
- BBC News (2010) Currys Sales Boosted by TVs and iPads. [Online] 2 September, available at: www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11161850
- Belch, G.E. (2008) Advertising and Promotion: An Integrated Marketing Communications Perspective. (8th Ed.) Mc Graw Hill, New York.
- Carlton, J. (No date) Using AIDA Model in Copywriting. [Video Online] Available at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rLZYa2o46M
- Drummond, G., Ensor, J. and Ashford, R. (2008) Strategic Marketing: Planning and Control. Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on AIDA and hundreds of other essential business management techniques