Entrepreneurship is a highly relevant concept for those leading and working in organisations and not just those starting new ventures. This concept covers technology, creative and social enterprise dimensions and introduces the types and main principles of entrepreneurship. The creation of an entrepreneurial culture is also addressed.
Entrepreneurship refers to acts of organisational creation, renewal, or innovation that occur within, or independent of, an existing organisation (Sharma and Chrisman, 1999: 17). Entrepreneurial activity that is instigated by individuals acting independently of an existing organisation is known as independent entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurial activity that is initiated within the confines of an existing organisation is referred to as intrapreneurship or more recently as corporate entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneurship Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneurship Strengths *
Entrepreneurship Weaknesses *
Examples of Entrepreneurship *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Entrepreneurship Implementation *
Success Factors of Entrepreneurship *
Measures of Entrepreneurship *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Entrepreneurship Videos *
Entrepreneurship Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Entrepreneurship Web Resources *
Entrepreneurship Print Resources *
Entrepreneurship References (4 of up to 20) *
- Acs, Z.J. and Audretsch, D.B. (2005) Handbook of Entrepreneurship Research: An Interdisciplinary Survey and Introduction. International Handbook Series on Entrepreneurship, Springer.
- Afiya, A. (1996) Stars in his Eyes. Caterer and Hotelkeeper, 15 February.
- Anderson, J. (1995) Local Heroes. Scottish Enterprise, Glasgow.
- Bhide, A., Sahlman, W.A., Stancill, J., Rock, A., Nevens, T.M., MacMillan, I., Block, Z. and Summe, G.L. (1999) Harvard Business Review on Entrepreneurship. Harvard Busines School Press, April.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Entrepreneurship and hundreds of other essential business management techniques