This concept provides a review and interpretation of previous work on knowledge management and offers a comprehensive account of benefits achieved by properly managing knowledge, implementation information and success factors.
Knowledge Management Definition
Knowledge management (KM) encompasses any systematic attempt to acquire, produce, codify or share knowledge in order to positively enhance organisational learning, performance and competitiveness (Foray and Gault, 2003; Tsoukas and Vladimirou, 2001).
Knowledge Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Knowledge Management.
Knowledge Management Strengths *
Knowledge Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Knowledge Management *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Knowledge Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Knowledge Management *
Measures of Knowledge Management *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Knowledge Management Videos *
Knowledge Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Knowledge Management Web Resources *
Knowledge Management Print Resources *
Knowledge Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Aisenberg Ferenhof, H., Durst, S., & Hesamamiri, R. (2016). The impact of social media on knowledge management. In 11th International Forum on Knowledge Asset Dynamics (IFKAD)-Dresden 15-17 June 2016. Institute of Knowledge Asset Management (IKAM)
- Barney, J.B. (1991) Firm Resources and Sustained Competitive Advantage. Journal of Management, Vol. 17(1), pp. 99-120.
- Bishop, J., Bouchlaghem, D., Glass, J. and Matsumoto, I. (2008) Ensuring the Effectiveness of a Knowledge Management Initiative. Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol. 12(4), pp. 16-29.
- Carneiro, A. (2000) How Does Knowledge Management Influence Innovation and Competitiveness? Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol. 4(2), pp. 87-98.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Knowledge Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques