Businesses face ethical issues and decisions almost every day. The concept explores what is means for companies and what they can do to coordinate the interests of their stakeholders.
Business Ethics Definition
Business ethics is “the degree of moral obligation that may be ascribed to corporations beyond simple obedience to the laws of the state” (Kilcullen and Kooistra, 1999). It concerns “business situations, activities, and decisions where the issue of right and wrong are addressed…[meaning] morally right or wrong as opposed to, for example, commercially, strategically, or financially right or wrong” (Crane and Matten, 2007).
Business Ethics Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Business Ethics.
Business Ethics Strengths *
Business Ethics Weaknesses *
Examples of Business Ethics *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Business Ethics Implementation *
Success Factors of Business Ethics *
Measures of Business Ethics *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Business Ethics Videos *
Business Ethics Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Business Ethics Web Resources *
Business Ethics Print Resources *
Business Ethics References (4 of up to 20) *
- BBC News (2013) UBS faces Hong Kong Investigation. [Online] Available at: (www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20794038).
- Buchanan, R. and Nasiripour, S. (2012) Mexican Regulator Fines HSBC Unit $27.5m. Financial Times, 25 July.
- Chan, A.M.M., Ip, P. and Lam, K. (2009) Business Ethics in Greater China: An Introduction. Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 88(1), p. 1-9.
- Crane, A. and Matten, D. (2007) Business Ethics: Managing Corporate Citizenship and Sustainability in the Age of Globalization. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Business Ethics and hundreds of other essential business management techniques