This concept will help practitioners to develop and consolidate their understanding, knowledge and application of direct marketing principles and techniques. It reviews the theory and provides practical tools, business applications and implementation information related to direct marketing.
Direct Marketing Definition
Undertaking marketing activity through various advertising media that interact directly with consumers, generally calling for a consumer to make a direct response is known as direct marketing (Kotler and Armstrong, 2009). It is an interactive use of advertising media to stimulate a behaviour modification in such a way that this behaviour can be tracked, analysed and stored on a database for future retrieval and use which is usually built upon to cultivate lasting customer relationships (Stone and Jacob, 2008).
Direct Marketing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Direct Marketing.
Direct Marketing Strengths *
Direct Marketing Weaknesses *
Examples of Direct Marketing *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Direct Marketing Implementation *
Success Factors of Direct Marketing *
Measures of Direct Marketing *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Direct Marketing Videos *
Direct Marketing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Direct Marketing Web Resources *
Direct Marketing Print Resources *
Direct Marketing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Arthur, C. (2011) Apple to release cheaper iphone4 within weeks. The Guardian [Online] 24 August 2011. Available at www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/aug/24/apple-cheaper-iphone-4?INTCMP=SRCH [Accessed 4 Sept 2011]
- BBC News (2008) International Air Passengers Soar. [Online] 11 June 2008. Available at news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7447982.stm [Accessed 14 Nov 2011]
- Derringer, P. (2004) Under The Hood: More Websites Valuing Good Content. American Executive Magazine, December.
- Direct Marketing Strategies. YouTube [Online Video] www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN0nSRPkLak&feature=related
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Direct Marketing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques