Supply Chain Finance
The aim of the Supply Chain Finance concept is to improve your understanding of supply chain financial efficiency and common financial management techniques. The concept will provide a set of solutions available for financing specific goods and/or products as they move from origin to destination along the supply chain.
Supply Chain Finance Definition
Supply Chain Finance (SCF) is an approach used by two or more organisations in a supply chain to "jointly create value through means of planning, steering, and controlling the flow of financial resources on an inter-organisational level" (Hofmann, 2005:3).
Supply Chain Finance Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Supply Chain Finance.
Supply Chain Finance Strengths *
Supply Chain Finance Weaknesses *
Examples of Supply Chain Finance *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Supply Chain Finance Implementation *
Success Factors of Supply Chain Finance *
Measures of Supply Chain Finance *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Supply Chain Finance Videos *
Supply Chain Finance Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Supply Chain Finance Web Resources *
Supply Chain Finance Print Resources *
Supply Chain Finance References (4 of up to 20) *
- Aberdeen Group (2011) Supply Chain Finance: Gaining Control in the Face of Uncertainty. [online] Available at: (-www.aberdeen.com/aberdeen-library/6833/RA-supply-chain-finance.aspx [Accessed 17 November 2011].
- BuyIT Best Practice Network (2006) Selecting an e-procurement solution.
- Gavirneni, S., Kapuscinski, R. and Tayur, S. (1999) Value of Information in Capacitated Supply Chains. Management Science, Vol.45(1), pp.16-24.
- Hofmann, E. (2005) Supply Chain Finance: Some Conceptual Insights. In R. Lasch and C.G.Janker, eds. Logistik Management: Innovative logistikkonzepte, Wiesbaden.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Supply Chain Finance and hundreds of other essential business management techniques