Mergers and Acquisitions
The concept highlights the potential efficiency benefits of M&As; which include operating and managerial efficiencies, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of such a process.
Mergers and Acquisitions Definition
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) refers to the buying, selling, dividing and combining of companies. The distinction between a 'merger' and an 'acquisition' has become less important in recent years, but one firm becoming part of another - such that, post-deal, the target firm disappears as a legal entity - is an acquisition. Two firms joining to create a new legal entity is a merger. M&A remains one of the fastest means to corporate restructuring and expansion (DePamphilis, 2009).
Mergers and Acquisitions Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Mergers and Acquisitions.
Mergers and Acquisitions Strengths *
Mergers and Acquisitions Weaknesses *
Examples of Mergers and Acquisitions *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Mergers and Acquisitions Implementation *
Success Factors of Mergers and Acquisitions *
Measures of Mergers and Acquisitions *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Mergers and Acquisitions Videos *
Mergers and Acquisitions Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Mergers and Acquisitions Web Resources *
Mergers and Acquisitions Print Resources *
Mergers and Acquisitions References (4 of up to 20) *
- Angwin, D.A. (Ed.) (2007) Images of Mergers and Acquisitions. Blackwell.
- Brealey, R.A. and Myers, S.C. (1996) Principles of Corporate Finance. McGraw Hill. International Edition.
- Clark, D. (1996) 'Software Firm Fights to Remake Business after Ill-Fated Merger', Wall Street Journal, January 12, 1996, p.A1.
- Franks, J.R., Harris, R.S. and Titman, S. (1991) 'The Postmerger Share-Price Performance of Acquiring Firms'. Journal of Financial Economics, 29:81-96, March.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Mergers and Acquisitions and hundreds of other essential business management techniques