The Six Sigma concept is designed for professionals who are not familiar with it but need to have a basic understanding of what it means and how it can benefit their organisations. You will learn Six Sigma basics, advantages and limitations.
Six Sigma Definition
Six Sigma is a method of comparing organisation process performance with critical customer needs, ensuring that business outputs (its products and services) are consistently designed to exact customer requirements. The technique aims to produce products that are virtually defect-free (Antony and Banuelas, 2002; Simmons, 2002).
Six Sigma Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Six Sigma.
Six Sigma Strengths *
Six Sigma Weaknesses *
Examples of Six Sigma *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Six Sigma Implementation *
Success Factors of Six Sigma *
Measures of Six Sigma *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Six Sigma Videos *
Six Sigma Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Six Sigma Web Resources *
Six Sigma Print Resources *
Six Sigma References (4 of up to 20) *
- Antony, J. and Banuelas, R. (2002) Key Ingredients for the Effective Implementation of Six Sigma Program. Measuring Business Excellence, Vol. 6(4), pp. 20-27.
- Burnes, B. (2009) Managing Change. (5th Ed.) Pearson Education, Essex, UK.
- Coronado, R.B. and Antony, J. (2002) Critical Success Factors for the Successful Implementation of Six Sigma Projects in Organisations. The TQM Magazine, Vol. 14(2), pp. 92-99.
- Costanzo, C. (2002) Celebrated Six Sigma Has its Critics, Too. American Banker, Vol. 167, pp. 1-2.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Six Sigma and hundreds of other essential business management techniques