Performance Appraisal is a systematic evaluation of employee performance that can be used to understand their personal abilities for further growth and development. The concept reviews the objectives of performance appraisal, its advantages, and implementation steps.
Performance Appraisal Definition
Performance appraisal describes a wide variety of activities through which organisations seek to assess employees and develop their competence, enhance performance and distribute rewards (Fletcher, 2001).
Performance Appraisal Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Performance Appraisal.
Performance Appraisal Strengths *
Performance Appraisal Weaknesses *
Examples of Performance Appraisal *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Performance Appraisal Implementation *
Success Factors of Performance Appraisal *
Measures of Performance Appraisal *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Performance Appraisal Videos *
Performance Appraisal Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Performance Appraisal Web Resources *
Performance Appraisal Print Resources *
Performance Appraisal References (4 of up to 20) *
- Armstrong, M. and Baron, A. (2004) Managing Performance. CIPD, London.
- Cummings, T.G. and Worley, C.G. (2009) Organization Development and Change. Cengage Learning, Mason, OH.
- Daft, R.L. and Marcic, D. (2009) Understanding Management. Cengage Learning, Mason, OH.
- Deets, N.R. and Tyler, D.T. (1986) How Xerox Improved its Performance Appraisals. Personnel Journal, Vol. 65(4), pp. 50–52.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Performance Appraisal and hundreds of other essential business management techniques