This concept describes different types of contracts, effective contracting methodologies and the benefits of contract management activities.
Contract Management Definition
Contract management is the process of systematically and efficiently managing contract creation, execution and analysis for maximising operational and financial performance and minimising risk (CIPS: Contract management guide:3)
Contract Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Contract Management.
Contract Management Strengths *
Contract Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Contract Management *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Contract Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Contract Management *
Measures of Contract Management *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Contract Management Videos *
Contract Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Contract Management Web Resources *
Contract Management Print Resources *
Contract Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Aberdeen Group (2007) Contract lifecycle management and the CFO. April 30th.
- Brown, T.L and Potoski, M (2003) Managing contract performance: A transaction costs approach. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, Vol.22(2), pp.275-297.
- CIPS: Contract management guide.
- CIPS: Good practice in writing contracts.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Contract Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques