This concept describes different types of contracts, effective contracting methodologies and the benefits of contract management activities.
Contract Management Definition
Contract management is the process of systematically and efficiently managing contract creation, execution and analysis for maximising operational and financial performance and minimising risk (CIPS: Contract management guide:3)
Contract Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Contract Management.
Contract Management Strengths *
Contract Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Contract Management *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Contract Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Contract Management *
Measures of Contract Management *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Contract Management Videos *
Contract Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Contract Management Web Resources *
Contract Management Print Resources *
Contract Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Aberdeen Group (2007) Contract lifecycle management and the CFO. April 30th.
- Brown, T.L and Potoski, M (2003) Managing contract performance: A transaction costs approach. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, Vol.22(2), pp.275-297.
- CIPS: Contract management guide.
- CIPS: Good practice in writing contracts.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Contract Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques