This concept offers a practical guide to using the Balanced Scorecard and is designed to assist executives to benefit from this strategic management technique.
Balanced Scorecard Definition
The Balanced Scorecard (BSC) is a strategic management technique for communicating and evaluating the achievement of the mission and strategy of the organisation using both financial and non-financial measures (Drury, 2004).
Balanced Scorecard Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Balanced Scorecard.
Balanced Scorecard Strengths *
Balanced Scorecard Weaknesses *
Examples of Balanced Scorecard *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Balanced Scorecard Implementation *
Success Factors of Balanced Scorecard *
Measures of Balanced Scorecard *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Balanced Scorecard Videos *
Balanced Scorecard Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Balanced Scorecard Web Resources *
Balanced Scorecard Print Resources *
Balanced Scorecard References (4 of up to 20) *
- Albright, T.L., Burgess, C.M., Hibbets, A.R. and Roberts, M.L. (2010) Four Steps to Simplify Multimeasure Performance Evaluations Using the Balanced Scorecard. The Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance, Vol. 21(5), pp. 63-68.
- Drury, C. (2004) Management and Cost Accounting, 6th ed. Thomson Learning, London.
- Kaplan, R. (1996) The 'Balanced Scorecard' is More than Just a New Measurement System. Harvard Business Review, Vol. 74(3), pp. 4.
- Kaplan, R. and Norton, D.P. (1992) The Balanced Scorecard: Measures That Drive Performance. Harvard Business Review, Vol. 83(7), pp. 71–79.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Balanced Scorecard and hundreds of other essential business management techniques