This concept offers a practical guide to using the Balanced Scorecard and is designed to assist executives to benefit from this strategic management technique.
Balanced Scorecard Definition
The Balanced Scorecard (BSC) is a strategic management technique for communicating and evaluating the achievement of the mission and strategy of the organisation using both financial and non-financial measures (Drury, 2004).
Balanced Scorecard Description *
* The full technique overview will be available soon. Contact us to register your interest in our business management platform, and learn all about Balanced Scorecard.
Strengths, weaknesses and examples of Balanced Scorecard *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Implementation, success factors and measures of Balanced Scorecard *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Balanced Scorecard videos and downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Balanced Scorecard web and print resources *
Balanced Scorecard references (4 of up to 20) *
- Albright, T.L., Burgess, C.M., Hibbets, A.R. and Roberts, M.L. (2010) Four Steps to Simplify Multimeasure Performance Evaluations Using the Balanced Scorecard. The Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance, Vol. 21(5), pp. 63-68.
- Drury, C. (2004) Management and Cost Accounting, 6th ed. Thomson Learning, London.
- Kaplan, R. (1996) The 'Balanced Scorecard' is More than Just a New Measurement System. Harvard Business Review, Vol. 74(3), pp. 4.
- Kaplan,D. (2009). Conceptual Foundations of the Balanced Scorecard. Handbooks of Management Accounting Research, Volume 3, 2009, Pages 1253-1269
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Balanced Scorecard and hundreds of other essential business management techniques