Value Chain Management
The value chain management concept will help project leaders and its sponsors to develop long-lasting trusting relationships with suppliers. The concept reviews the main capabilities and pitfalls of the approach and highlights the main implementation steps.
Value Chain Management Definition
Value chain management (VCM) requires "examining processes (physical, financial and informational) and uncertainties (opportunities for improvement and risks to achievement) from beginning to end of the chain (or network) in an integrated manner in order to optimise overall value" (CIPS: Procurement’s role in the generation and capture of value in supply chains: 24).
Value Chain Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Value Chain Management.
Value Chain Management Strengths *
Value Chain Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Value Chain Management *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Value Chain Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Value Chain Management *
Measures of Value Chain Management *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Value Chain Management Videos *
Value Chain Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Value Chain Management Web Resources *
Value Chain Management Print Resources *
Value Chain Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- CIPS: Procurement’s role in the generation and capture of value in supply chains.
- Davis, T. (1993) Effective Supply Chain Management. Sloan Management Review, Summer, pp. 35-45.
- Drummond, G., Ensor, J. and Ashford, R. (2008) Strategic Maketing: Planning and Control. Butterworth-Heinemann: Oxford, UK.
- Fandel, G. and Stammen, M. (2004) A General Model for Extended Strategic Supply Chain Management with Emphasis on Product Life Cycles Including Development and Recycling. International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 89(3), pp. 293-308.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Value Chain Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques