As a company looks to leverage its capabilities and expand, it is imperative that it considers a PESTEL analysis to accompany the SWOT analysis. This concept explains the fundamentals of the techniques and explores its strengths and weaknesses.
PESTEL Analysis Definition
The PESTEL framework is an analytical tool used to identify key drivers of change in the strategic environment. PESTEL analysis includes Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Legal, and Environmental factors, but other variants include PEST, PESTLIED (including International and Demographic factors), STEEPLE (including Ethical factors), and STEEPLED (including Education and Demographic factors) (Johnson et al., 2008).
PESTEL Analysis Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about PESTEL Analysis.
PESTEL Analysis Strengths *
PESTEL Analysis Weaknesses *
Examples of PESTEL Analysis *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
PESTEL Analysis Implementation *
Success Factors of PESTEL Analysis *
Measures of PESTEL Analysis *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
PESTEL Analysis Videos *
PESTEL Analysis Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
PESTEL Analysis Web Resources *
PESTEL Analysis Print Resources *
PESTEL Analysis References (4 of up to 20) *
- Abdi, M.R. and Sharma, S. 2007, Strategic/tactical Information Management of Flight Operations in Abnormal Conditions Through Network Control Centre, International Journal of Information Management, Vol. 27, No. 2, 119- 138.
- Fahey, L. and Randall, M. R. (2000) Portable MBA in Strategy, 2nd ed, Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Chartered Management Institute (2005) Carrying Out a PEST Analysis. Available at: www.thefreelibrary.com/Carrying+out+a+PEST+analysis-a0141751272
- Gandz, J., Smith, M., Wali, A., and Conklin, D. W. (1997) Proctor and Gamble in Eastern Europe, Harvard Business School.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on PESTEL Analysis and hundreds of other essential business management techniques