The concept explores how digital technology can increase the effectiveness of campaign management and product/marketing design and execution. It includes case studies that illustrate real-life digital technology scenarios and reviews benefits of adopting digital marketing.
Digital Marketing Definition
Digital marketing is a form of direct marketing which links consumers with sellers electronically using interactive technologies like emails, websites, online forums and newsgroups, interactive television, mobile communications etcetera (Kotler and Armstrong, 2009). It facilitates many-to-many communications due to its high level of connectivity and is usually executed to promote products or services in a timely, relevant, personal and cost-effective manner (Bains et al., 2011).
Digital Marketing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Digital Marketing.
Digital Marketing Strengths *
Digital Marketing Weaknesses *
Examples of Digital Marketing *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Digital Marketing Implementation *
Success Factors of Digital Marketing *
Measures of Digital Marketing *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Digital Marketing Videos *
Digital Marketing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Digital Marketing Web Resources *
Digital Marketing Print Resources *
Digital Marketing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Arthur, C. (2011) Apple to Release Cheaper iPhone4 within Weeks. The Guardian, [Online] 24 August, available at http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/aug/24/apple-cheaper-iphone-4?INTCMP=SRCH [Accessed: 4 September 2011].
- Baines, P., Fill, C. and Page, K. (2011) Marketing. (2nd Ed.) Oxford University Press.
- BBC News (2011) Burberry Enjoys Strong Sales Growth. [Online] 13 July, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14133727 [Accessed: 27 November 2011].
- Chaffey, D. and Smith, P.R. (2008) eMarketing eXcellence: Planning and Optimising your Digital Marketing. (3rd Ed.) Butterworth-Heinemann.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Digital Marketing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques