The concept explores how digital technology can increase the effectiveness of campaign management and product/marketing design and execution. It includes case studies that illustrate real-life digital technology scenarios and reviews benefits of adopting digital marketing.
Digital Marketing Definition
Digital marketing is a form of direct marketing which links consumers with sellers electronically using interactive technologies like emails, websites, online forums and newsgroups, interactive television, mobile communications etcetera (Kotler and Armstrong, 2009). It facilitates many-to-many communications due to its high level of connectivity and is usually executed to promote products or services in a timely, relevant, personal and cost-effective manner (Bains et al., 2011).
Digital Marketing Description *
* The full technique overview will be available soon. Contact us to register your interest in our business management platform, and learn all about Digital Marketing.
Strengths, weaknesses and examples of Digital Marketing *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Implementation, success factors and measures of Digital Marketing *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Digital Marketing videos and downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Digital Marketing web and print resources *
Digital Marketing references (4 of up to 20) *
- Arthur, C. (2011) Apple to Release Cheaper iPhone4 within Weeks. The Guardian, [Online] 24 August, available at http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/aug/24/apple-cheaper-iphone-4?INTCMP=SRCH [Accessed: 4 September 2011].
- Baines, P., Fill, C. and Page, K. (2011) Marketing. (2nd Ed.) Oxford University Press.
- BBC News (2011) Burberry Enjoys Strong Sales Growth. [Online] 13 July, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14133727 [Accessed: 27 November 2011].
- Chaffey, D. and Smith, P.R. (2008) eMarketing eXcellence: Planning and Optimising your Digital Marketing. (3rd Ed.) Butterworth-Heinemann.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Digital Marketing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques