Planned change management allows managers and practitioners to incorporate specific tasks and events into each stage of the change process. The concept explores how to face highly dynamic and complex environments and how to make the most of an organisational change.
Change Management Definition
Change management is the systematic approach to adjusting and transitioning organisational processes, procedures, strategies, attitudes, functions or technologies from their existing state to one that is considered superior (Burnes, 2009; Cameron and Green, 2009).
Change Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Change Management.
Change Management Strengths *
Change Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Change Management *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Change Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Change Management *
Measures of Change Management *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Change Management Videos *
Change Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Change Management Web Resources *
Change Management Print Resources *
Change Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Buchanan, D.A. and Storey, J. (1997) Role-taking and Role-switching in Organizational Change: The Four Pluralities. In I. McLoughlin and M. Harris (Eds.), Innovation, Organizational Change and Technology, International Thompson, London.
- Burnes, B. (2004) Kurt Lewin and the Planned Approach to Change: A re-Appraisal. Journal of Management Studies, Vol. 41(6), pp. 977–1002.
- Burnes, B. (2009) Managing Change. (5th Ed.) Pearson Education, Essex, UK.
- Cameron, E. and Green, M. (2009) Making Sense of Change Management. (2nd Ed.) Kogan Page Ltd, London.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Change Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques