The concept discusses the notion of strategic groups. It explores their role in organisations and suggests some success factors and implementation steps.
Strategic Groups Definition
A strategic group is a set of companies emphasising similar strategic dimensions to use a similar strategy. The competition between businesses within a strategic group is greater than the competition between a member of a strategic group and companies outside that group (Hitt et al., 2009: 55).
Strategic Groups Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Strategic Groups.
Strategic Groups Strengths *
Strategic Groups Weaknesses *
Examples of Strategic Groups *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Strategic Groups Implementation *
Success Factors of Strategic Groups *
Measures of Strategic Groups *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Strategic Groups Videos *
Strategic Groups Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Strategic Groups Web Resources *
Strategic Groups Print Resources *
Strategic Groups References (4 of up to 20) *
- Barney, J.B. and Hoskisson, R.E. (1990) Strategic Groups: Untested Assertions and Research Proposals. Managerial and Decision Economics, Vol. 11, pp. 187-98.
- Grant, R.M. (2005) Contemporary Strategy Analysis. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, UK.
- Grant, R.M. (2008) Contemporary Strategy Analysis. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford.
- Harrison, J.S. and John, C.H. (2010) Foundations in Strategic Management. Cengage Learning, Mason, OH.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Strategic Groups and hundreds of other essential business management techniques