Social Media Marketing
The concept explains how organisations can leverage social media marketing to build relationships with new and existing customers. It describes the different strategies for implementing social media marketing and the associated strengths and limitations.
Social Media Marketing Definition
Social media marketing describes the use of "online applications, platforms and media which aim to facilitate interactions, collaborations and sharing of content" (Kim and Ko, 2011). Social media includes "media for social interaction, using highly accessible and scalable publishing techniques [and] web-based technologies to transform and broadcast media monologues into social media dialogues" (Dutta, 2010). Social media and Web 2.0 are often used interchangeably, while the latter encompasses a category of online applications (Constantinides and Fountain, 2008).
Social Media Marketing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Social Media Marketing.
Social Media Marketing Strengths *
Social Media Marketing Weaknesses *
Examples of Social Media Marketing *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Social Media Marketing Implementation *
Success Factors of Social Media Marketing *
Measures of Social Media Marketing *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Social Media Marketing Videos *
Social Media Marketing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Social Media Marketing Web Resources *
Social Media Marketing Print Resources *
Social Media Marketing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Ashley, C., & Tuten, T. (2015). Creative strategies in social media marketing: An exploratory study of branded social content and consumer engagement. Psychology & Marketing, 32(1), 15–27.
- Chang, Y. T., Yu, H., & Lu, H. P. (2015). Persuasive messages, popularity cohesion, andmessage diffusion in socialmediamarketing. Journal of Business Research, 68(4), 777–782.
- Felix, R., Rauschnabel, P.A., Hinsch, C., (2017) Elements of strategic social media marketing: A holistic framework, Journal of Business Research, Volume 70, 118–126
- De Swaan Arons, M., van den Driest, F., & Weed, K. (2014). The ultimate marketing machine. Harvard Business Review, 92(7), 54–63.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Social Media Marketing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques