Negotiations in Procurement
Negotiations can help to work out a deal and are critical in procurement. The concept provides a description of the main characteristics, business tools and critical success factors and will be useful for decision-makers and professionals involved in negotiations.
Negotiations in Procurement Definition
Negotiation is defined as a process of "communication with the objective of reaching an agreement by means, where appropriate, of compromise". A successful negotiation is one that accomplishes this goal (CIPS: Negotiation) and that secures supplies, materials and services of the right quality, in the right quantity, at the right time, from the right source and at the right cost (Zartman, 2008).
Negotiations in Procurement Description *
* The full technique overview will be available soon. Contact us to register your interest in our business management platform, and learn all about Negotiations in Procurement.
Strengths, weaknesses and examples of Negotiations in Procurement *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Implementation, success factors and measures of Negotiations in Procurement *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Negotiations in Procurement videos and downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Negotiations in Procurement web and print resources *
Negotiations in Procurement references (4 of up to 20) *
- Bajari, P., McMillan, R. and Tadelis, S. (2006) Auctions Versus Negotiations in Procurement: An Empirical Analysis. Working Paper 02007. Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Cisco IT Case Study (2007) How Cisco IT Improved Strategic Vendor Manaagement. [online] Available at: www.cisco.com/web/about/ciscoitatwork/downloads/ciscoitatwork/pdf/Cisco_IT_Case_Study_Vendor_Management.pdf [Accessed: 29 January 2012].
- CIPS: Negotiation.
- Clough, R. and Glenn S. (1994) Construction Contracting. New York: Wiley.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Negotiations in Procurement and hundreds of other essential business management techniques