Need Satisfaction Selling
Understanding customer needs is paramount to delivering a great sales experience. The concept elucidates the key factors for implementing needs satisfaction selling and how sales people can engage customers effectively to build trust and loyalty.
Need Satisfaction Selling Definition
Need satisfaction selling “is an approach to selling based on the notion that the customer is buying to satisfy a particular need or set of needs” (Ingram et al., 2008, p. 411).
Need Satisfaction Selling Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Need Satisfaction Selling.
Need Satisfaction Selling Strengths *
Need Satisfaction Selling Weaknesses *
Examples of Need Satisfaction Selling *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Need Satisfaction Selling Implementation *
Success Factors of Need Satisfaction Selling *
Measures of Need Satisfaction Selling *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Need Satisfaction Selling Videos *
Need Satisfaction Selling Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Need Satisfaction Selling Web Resources *
Need Satisfaction Selling Print Resources *
Need Satisfaction Selling References (4 of up to 20) *
- Andrews, M. and Whittaker, J. A. (2006) How to Break Web Software, Pearson Education, Boston, MA.
- Cai, S., Yang, Z. and Hu, Z. (2010) The Effects of Volume Consolidation on Buyer–supplier Relationships: A Study of Chinese Firms, Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, Vol. 16 (3), pp. 152-62.
- Gallo, C. (2012) Apple's Secret Employee Training Manual Reinvents Customer Service in Seven Ways, Forbes, August.
- Goff, B. G., Boles, J. S., Bellenger, D. N. and Stojack, C. (1997) The Influence of Salesperson Selling Behaviors on Customer Satisfaction with Products, Journal of Retailing, Vol. 73 (2), pp. 171-83.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Need Satisfaction Selling and hundreds of other essential business management techniques