Lean Supply Chain
This concept reviews the lean supply chain model and discusses how lean logistics and information technology can help companies smooth out and facilitate supply chain flows. It also offers practical implementation guidance along with success factors and real examples.
Lean Supply Chain Definition
Lean supply chain (LSC) can be defined as a "set of organisations directly linked by upstream and downstream flows of products, services, finances and information that collaboratively work to reduce costs and waste" (Vitasek et al., 2005: 21). Management of an LSC is a process aimed at eliminating waste and nonvalue-adding activities from the overall value stream in the supply chain (Jung et al., 2007).
Lean Supply Chain Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Lean Supply Chain.
Lean Supply Chain Strengths *
Lean Supply Chain Weaknesses *
Examples of Lean Supply Chain *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Lean Supply Chain Implementation *
Success Factors of Lean Supply Chain *
Measures of Lean Supply Chain *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Lean Supply Chain Videos *
Lean Supply Chain Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Lean Supply Chain Web Resources *
Lean Supply Chain Print Resources *
Lean Supply Chain References (4 of up to 20) *
- Akel, N.G., Tommelein, I.D. and Boyers, J. (2004) Application of Lean Supply Chain Concepts to a Vertically-integrated Company: A Case Study. Proceedings, 12th Annual Conference of the International Group for Lean Construction (IGLC 12), Copenhagen, August.
- Baker, S. (2009) Integrating Strategic and Supply Chain Planning at Emerson. Archive for Emerson Process Management. [online] Available at: (logisticsviewpoints.com/tag/emerson-process-management/) [Accessed 08 December 2011].
- Berstein, R. (ed.) (2007) Lean Supply Chain: Collected Practices and Cases. Productivity Press.
- CIPS: Lean and Agile Purchasing and Supply Management.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Lean Supply Chain and hundreds of other essential business management techniques