The concept describes credit analysis as an organisational framework for identifying, quantifying, and comparing the costs and benefits of proposed projects.
Credit Analysis Definition
Credit analysis is a method to measure or estimate the credit risk associated with an asset, business or organisation (Huang et al., 2004). In other words, credit analysis is a business activity that evaluates the creditworthiness of a business or organisation (Chandra, 2008).
Credit Analysis Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Credit Analysis.
Credit Analysis Strengths *
Credit Analysis Weaknesses *
Examples of Credit Analysis *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Credit Analysis Implementation *
Success Factors of Credit Analysis *
Measures of Credit Analysis *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Credit Analysis Videos *
Credit Analysis Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Credit Analysis Web Resources *
Credit Analysis Print Resources *
Credit Analysis References (4 of up to 20) *
- Altman, E.I. (1968) Financial Ratios Discriminate Analysis and the Prediction of Corporate Bankruptcy. The Journal of Finance, Vol. 23(4), pp. 589-609.
- Abraham, A., Glynn, J., Murphy, M. and Wilkinson, B. (2008) Accounting for Managers Learning. EMEA, London.
- Baer, W., Elosegui, P., and Gallo, A. (2002) The Achievements and Failures of Argentina’s Neo-liberal Economic Policies. Oxford Development Studies, Vol. 30(1), pp. 63-85.
- Chasan, E., and Sandra, M. (2008) WaMu Files Bankruptcy Petition in Delaware. Reuters. 27 September.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Credit Analysis and hundreds of other essential business management techniques