Co-creation is one of the most powerful ways to engage customers and deliver unique value. Using illustrative case studies, the concept explains how companies and customers can co-construct products, services and experiences.
Co-creation, unlike traditional company-driven concepts of marketing, is about the joint creation of value by a company and other stakeholders, and in particular consumers who work with the company to co-construct the service experience to suit his or her preferences (Prahalad & Ramaswamy, 2004a).
Co-creation Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Co-creation.
Co-creation Strengths *
Co-creation Weaknesses *
Examples of Co-creation *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Co-creation Implementation *
Success Factors of Co-creation *
Measures of Co-creation *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Co-creation Videos *
Co-creation Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Co-creation Web Resources *
Co-creation Print Resources *
Co-creation References (4 of up to 20) *
- Brugmann, J. and Prahalad, C. K. (2007) Cocreating Business’s New Social Compact, Harvard Business Review, February.
- Burnes, B. (2009) Managing Change (5th Ed.), Pearson Education, Essex, UK.
- Brodie, R., Hollebeek, L., Juric, B., & Ilic, A. (2011). Customer engagement: Conceptual domain, fundamental propositions, and implications for research. Journal of Service Research, 14, 252–271.
- Brodie, R., Ilic, A., Juric, B., & Hollebeek, L. (2013). Consumer engagement in a virtual brand community: An exploratory analysis. Journal of Business Research, 66, 105–114
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Co-creation and hundreds of other essential business management techniques