The concept explains why successful and sustainable organisational improvements depend on effective change leaders who know how to create and disseminate a vision, overcome resistance to change and manage conflict. The concept provides examples that illustrate how change leadership has been successfully used in the industry.
Change Leadership Definition
Change leadership is the ability to influence and enthuse others through personal advocacy, vision and drive, and to access resources to build a solid platform for change (Higgs and Rowland, 2000). Leadership is often viewed as key to successful change (American Management Association, 1994).
Change Leadership Description *
* The full technique overview will be available soon. Contact us to register your interest in our business management platform, and learn all about Change Leadership.
Strengths, weaknesses and examples of Change Leadership *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Implementation, success factors and measures of Change Leadership *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Change Leadership videos and downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Change Leadership web and print resources *
Change Leadership references (4 of up to 20) *
- American Management Association (1994) Survey on Change Management, AMA, New York.
- Bradt, G. (2011) How John Smale Changed the Business Environment for Procter & Gamble. Forbes, 22 November.
- Canterucci, J. (2011) The Skill Sets of a Change Leader. eBook.
- Carnall, C. (1999) Managing Change in Organisations. Prentice Hall, London.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Change Leadership and hundreds of other essential business management techniques