The concept explains why successful and sustainable organisational improvements depend on effective change leaders who know how to create and disseminate a vision, overcome resistance to change and manage conflict. The concept provides examples that illustrate how change leadership has been successfully used in the industry.
Change Leadership Definition
Change leadership is the ability to influence and enthuse others through personal advocacy, vision and drive, and to access resources to build a solid platform for change (Higgs and Rowland, 2000). Leadership is often viewed as key to successful change (American Management Association, 1994).
Change Leadership Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Change Leadership.
Change Leadership Strengths *
Change Leadership Weaknesses *
Examples of Change Leadership *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Change Leadership Implementation *
Success Factors of Change Leadership *
Measures of Change Leadership *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Change Leadership Videos *
Change Leadership Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Change Leadership Web Resources *
Change Leadership Print Resources *
Change Leadership References (4 of up to 20) *
- American Management Association (1994) Survey on Change Management, AMA, New York.
- Bradt, G. (2011) How John Smale Changed the Business Environment for Procter & Gamble. Forbes, 22 November.
- Canterucci, J. (2011) The Skill Sets of a Change Leader. eBook.
- Carnall, C. (1999) Managing Change in Organisations. Prentice Hall, London.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Change Leadership and hundreds of other essential business management techniques