Accurate bookkeeping is a necessity if you run your own business. The concept offers a review of bookkeeping and describes some case evidence of spend and value analysis.
“Bookkeeping is the process of recording and classifying transactions and events of an enterprise with a prescribed set of procedures or methods for the purpose of establishing a basis for communicating financial information about the enterprise” (Ebusca & Lopez, 2001, p. 11).
Bookkeeping Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Bookkeeping.
Bookkeeping Strengths *
Bookkeeping Weaknesses *
Examples of Bookkeeping *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Bookkeeping Implementation *
Success Factors of Bookkeeping *
Measures of Bookkeeping *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Bookkeeping Videos *
Bookkeeping Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Bookkeeping Web Resources *
Bookkeeping Print Resources *
Bookkeeping References (4 of up to 20) *
- Bartolini, A. and Dwyer, C. (2008) Spend Analysis: Pulling Back the Cover on Savings, Aberdeen Group, October, 2008.
- CIMA (2005) CIMA Official Terminology, The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, Oxford, UK.
- Davies, T. and Crawford, I. (2012) Financial Accounting, Pearson, Essex, UK.
- DEFRA (2006) 'Procuring the Future' - Sustainable Procurement National Action Plan: Recommendations from the Sustainable Procurement Task Force, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, London.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Bookkeeping and hundreds of other essential business management techniques