A virtual organisation is one whose employees are spread geographically and communicate via phone, email, and the internet. The concept explores technologies and issues surrounding virtual organisations from a knowledge management perspective.
Virtual Organisations Definition
The Virtual Organisation is a flexible network of independent entities linked by telecommunication and computing technologies to share skills, knowledge and access to expertise in non-traditional ways. It is a form of cooperation involving companies, institutions and/or individuals delivering a product or service on the basis of a common business understanding. Units participate in the collaboration and present themselves as a unified organisation (Peng, 2001).
Virtual Organisations Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Virtual Organisations.
Virtual Organisations Strengths *
Virtual Organisations Weaknesses *
Examples of Virtual Organisations *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Virtual Organisations Implementation *
Success Factors of Virtual Organisations *
Measures of Virtual Organisations *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Virtual Organisations Videos *
Virtual Organisations Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Virtual Organisations Web Resources *
Virtual Organisations Print Resources *
Virtual Organisations References (4 of up to 20) *
- Byrne J.A. (1993) The Virtual Corporation. Business Week. 8 February, pp. 98-102.
- Chang, J. (2010) EBay: Towards a Perfectly Competitive Market. International Business and Economics Research Journal, Vol. 9(3), pp. 65-70.
- Chesbrough, H.W. and Teece, D.J. (1996) When is Virtual Virtuous: Organizing for Innovation. Harvard Business Review, January-February, pp. 65-73.
- Clark, N. (2009) Facebook Heads Towards Profit. The Independent, 16 September.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Virtual Organisations and hundreds of other essential business management techniques