The value analysis concept describes a methodical approach to sharpening the efficiency and effectiveness of any process. The concept reviews the strengths and capabilities of value analysis and provides a detailed account of how to implement it within the organisation.
Value Analysis Definition
Value analysis (VA) is a systematic interdisciplinary examination of factors affecting the cost of a product or service in order to devise means of achieving the specified purpose most economically at the required standard of quality and reliability (British Standards Institution, 1992).
Value Analysis Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Value Analysis.
Value Analysis Strengths *
Value Analysis Weaknesses *
Examples of Value Analysis *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Value Analysis Implementation *
Success Factors of Value Analysis *
Measures of Value Analysis *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Value Analysis Videos *
Value Analysis Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Value Analysis Web Resources *
Value Analysis Print Resources *
Value Analysis References (4 of up to 20) *
- British Standard Institution (1992) Glossary of Terms Used in Management Services. BS 3138.
- California Department of Transportation (2007) Value Analysis: Project Development Procedures Manual. [online] Available at: (www.dot.ca.gov/hq/oppd/pdpm/chap_pdf/chapt19.pdf) Accessed [19 December 2011].
- Caswell, N.S., Nikolaou, C., Sairamesh, J., Bitsaki, M., Koutras, G.D. and Iacovidis, G. (2008) Estimating Value in Service Systems: A Case Study of a Repair Service System. Service Science: Management, and Engineering, Vol. 47(1), pp.87-100.
- CIPS Australia (2007) What is a Brand? The Knowledge Club. Iss. 5, March. In CIPS Australia (2007) The Knowledge Club Compendium, Iss. 5-8.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Value Analysis and hundreds of other essential business management techniques