Over the last two decades the Ulrich model has become the standard way for large complex organisations to organise their HR service delivery. Learn the strengths and weakness of the model and consider case study evidence and practical implementation advice to ensure you implement the model effectively.
Ulrich Model Definition
David Ulrich, in his book HR Champions, identified four roles that HR professional plays: employee champion, administrative expert, change agent and strategic partner. He argued that "employee champions deliver competent and committed employees, administrative experts deliver efficient HR practices, change agents deliver capacity for change in individual behaviour and organisational culture, and strategic partners deliver business results" (Ulrich & Brockbank, 2005).
Ulrich Model Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Ulrich Model.
Ulrich Model Strengths *
Ulrich Model Weaknesses *
Examples of Ulrich Model *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Ulrich Model Implementation *
Success Factors of Ulrich Model *
Measures of Ulrich Model *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Ulrich Model Videos *
Ulrich Model Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Ulrich Model Web Resources *
Ulrich Model Print Resources *
Ulrich Model References (4 of up to 20) *
- Aitchison, D. (2007) HR Transformation: Myth or Reality. HROA Europe and Sharedpertise Forums in Association with TPI. Survey report January 2007.
- Arthur, J .S. (2001). Seeking Equilibrium. Human Resource Executive. Vol.15(7). pp. 34-38.
- Becker B. E., M. A. Huselid, and D. Ulrich. (2001). The HR scorecard: Linking people, strategy, and performance. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
- Boselie, P. & Paauwe, J. (2004). Human resource function competencies in European Companies. Personnel Review, Vol. 34(5), pp.550-566.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Ulrich Model and hundreds of other essential business management techniques