Time Series Models
Time series analysis is a useful business forecasting technique. The concept breaks down the technicalities of time series analysis and gives a balanced overview of its strengths and drawbacks - and how to avoid pitfalls when using it.
Time Series Models Definition
Time series models are widely used in economics, business and engineering to predict the seasonal variability of a target variable over time, where past values are used as the input variables for the model (Matignon, 2007).
Time Series Models Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Time Series Models.
Time Series Models Strengths *
Time Series Models Weaknesses *
Examples of Time Series Models *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Time Series Models Implementation *
Success Factors of Time Series Models *
Measures of Time Series Models *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Time Series Models Videos *
Time Series Models Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Time Series Models Web Resources *
Time Series Models Print Resources *
Time Series Models References (4 of up to 20) *
- Amihud, Y. (2002) Illiquidity and Stock Returns: Cross-section and Time-series Effects, Journal of Financial Markets, Vol. 5 pp. 31-56.
- Bai, J. and Ng, S. (2008) Forecasting Economic Time Series using Targeted Predictors, Journal of Econometric, Vol. 146 pp. 304-17.
- Boyer, K. and Verma, R. (2010) Operations and Supply Chain Management for the 21st Century, Cengage, Mason, OH.
- Doganis, P., Alexandridis, A., Patrinos, P. and Sarimvei, H. (2006) Time Series Sales Forecasting for Short Shelf-life Food Products Based on Artiﬁcial Neural Networks and Evolutionary Computing, Journal of Food Engineering, Vol. 75 pp. 196-204.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Time Series Models and hundreds of other essential business management techniques