The concept describes a business model where companies leave web marketing to a third party. It reviews the relevant literature and main characteristics of web-based platforms and highlights their main benefits and success factors.
Third-Party Marketplaces Definition
A third-party marketplace is a web-based platform which offers a range of capabilities that connects sellers with buyers, for example wholesale companies, end customers (Ince, 2004). A third-party marketplace offers users an interface to the supplier’s product catalogues and may additionally support payment, logistics, or ordering (Tsalgatidou and Pitoura, 2001).
Third-Party Marketplaces Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Third-Party Marketplaces.
Third-Party Marketplaces Strengths *
Third-Party Marketplaces Weaknesses *
Examples of Third-Party Marketplaces *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Third-Party Marketplaces Implementation *
Success Factors of Third-Party Marketplaces *
Measures of Third-Party Marketplaces *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Third-Party Marketplaces Videos *
Third-Party Marketplaces Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Third-Party Marketplaces Web Resources *
Third-Party Marketplaces Print Resources *
Third-Party Marketplaces References (4 of up to 20) *
- Anderson, C. (2007) The Long Tail: How Endless Choice is Creating Unlimited Demand. Random House Publishing: London.
- Belleflamme, P. and Toulemonde, E. (2004) B2B Marketplaces: Emergence and Entry. CORE Discussion paper. Université Catholique de Louvain, No.78.
- BuyIT and CIPS: Building the Business Case for e-procurement.
- BuyIT and CIPS: Content and Catalogue Management.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Third-Party Marketplaces and hundreds of other essential business management techniques