Theory Z is a management concept that looks at motivating workers. It is of benefit to managers and business owners as it describes the main advantages, drawbacks, success factors and case evidence from some of the market leaders.
Theory Z Definition
Theory Z expounds a management style blending Japanese and US organisational values. Developed by William Ouchi, it emphasises a strong company philosophy, a distinct corporate culture, long-range development and employment, consensual decision-making, and moderately specialised career paths (Adeniyi, 2007; Daft, 2004).
Theory Z Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Theory Z.
Theory Z Strengths *
Theory Z Weaknesses *
Examples of Theory Z *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Theory Z Implementation *
Success Factors of Theory Z *
Measures of Theory Z *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Theory Z Videos *
Theory Z Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Theory Z Web Resources *
Theory Z Print Resources *
Theory Z References (4 of up to 20) *
- Adeniyi, M.A. (2007) Effective Leadership Management: An Integration of Styles, Skills, & Character for Today's CEOs. AuthorHouse, Bloomington, Indiana, US.
- Daft, R.L. (2004) Theory Z: Opening the Corporate Door for Participative Management. Academy of Management Executive, Vol. 18(4), pp. 117-21.
- Halibozek, E.P. and Kovacich, G.L. (2005) Mergers and Acquisitions Security. Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK.
- Hollwitz, J. and Matthiesen, E. (1981) Improved Communication: Improved Productivity. Proceedings, Southwest American Business Communications Association, Houston.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Theory Z and hundreds of other essential business management techniques