The concept explores the ways in which organisations use their procurement function to foster sustainable development and reviews strengths, weaknesses and success factors embedded in this practice.
Sustainable Procurement Definition
Sustainable procurement as "a process whereby organisations meet their needs for goods, services, works and utilities in a way that achieves value for money on a whole life basis in terms of generating benefits not only to the organisation, but also to society and the economy, whilst minimising damage to the environment" (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, 2006).
Sustainable Procurement Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Sustainable Procurement.
Sustainable Procurement Strengths *
Sustainable Procurement Weaknesses *
Examples of Sustainable Procurement *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Sustainable Procurement Implementation *
Success Factors of Sustainable Procurement *
Measures of Sustainable Procurement *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Sustainable Procurement Videos *
Sustainable Procurement Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Sustainable Procurement Web Resources *
Sustainable Procurement Print Resources *
Sustainable Procurement References (4 of up to 20) *
- Adams, C.A. and McNicholas, P. (2007) Making a Difference: Sustainability Reporting, Accountability and Organisational Change, Accounting. Auditing and Accountability Journal, Vol. 20(3), pp. 382-402.
- Bhattacharya, C.B. and Sen, S. (2004) Doing Better at Doing Good: When, Why, and How Consumers Respond to Corporate Social Initiatives. California Management Review, Vol. 47(1), pp. 9-24.
- Burnes, B. (2009) Managing Change (5th ed.) Pearson Education: Essex, UK.
- Butner, K. (2007) Blueprint for Supply Chain Visibility. Institute for Business Value. IBM Global Business Services: New York.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Sustainable Procurement and hundreds of other essential business management techniques