The need to balance supply-side policies with demand-side policies is explained, alongside strengths and drawbacks of supply-side policies in relation to taxes and innovation and practical case studies illustrating supply-side policy in practice are presented.
Supply-side Policies Definition
The term 'supply-side economics' describes economic policies designed to influence output and employment through their impact on the supply-side, as opposed to demand-side policies (Cook & Healey, 2001). We differentiate between demand-side policies and supply-side policies depending on the orientation government adopts in order to tackle economic issues. Conway (2009) associates the latter type of orientation to the reform of the supply side of the economy by making it freer and more efficient, and cutting high tax rates.
Supply-side Policies Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Supply-side Policies.
Supply-side Policies Strengths *
Supply-side Policies Weaknesses *
Examples of Supply-side Policies *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Supply-side Policies Implementation *
Success Factors of Supply-side Policies *
Measures of Supply-side Policies *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Supply-side Policies Videos *
Supply-side Policies Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Supply-side Policies Web Resources *
Supply-side Policies Print Resources *
Supply-side Policies References (4 of up to 20) *
- Buxton, T. (1998) Britain's Economic Performance, Routledge, London.
- Chapin, R. (2010) Social Policy for Effective Practice: A Strengths Approach, Taylor & Francis, UK.
- Conway, E. (2009) 50 Economics Ideas You Really Need to Know, Quercus.
- Cook, M., Healey, N. (2001) Supply Side Policies, Heinemann.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Supply-side Policies and hundreds of other essential business management techniques