Supply Chain Visibility
Supply Chain Visibility reviews basic elements of an organisation’s supply chain and explored the difficulty of navigation between different IT systems. The concept introduces tasks performed by administrators of buyer organisations and highlights the strengths and success factors of this practice.
Supply Chain Visibility Definition
Supply chain visibility (SCV) refers to the ability of relevant stakeholders in the supply chain to have ready access to relevant, accurate, timely and meaningful information. It is the process of sharing usable and useful information to assist parties in the supply chain to make better decisions to mitigate risk (Porasmaa and Ojala, 2011).
Supply Chain Visibility Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Supply Chain Visibility.
Supply Chain Visibility Strengths *
Supply Chain Visibility Weaknesses *
Examples of Supply Chain Visibility *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Supply Chain Visibility Implementation *
Success Factors of Supply Chain Visibility *
Measures of Supply Chain Visibility *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Supply Chain Visibility Videos *
Supply Chain Visibility Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Supply Chain Visibility Web Resources *
Supply Chain Visibility Print Resources *
Supply Chain Visibility References (4 of up to 20) *
- Butner, K. (2007) Blueprint for Supply Chain Visibility. Institute for Business Value, IBM Global Business Services: New York.
- Christopher, M. and Lee, H. (2004) Mitigating Supply Chain Risk Through Improved Confidence. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol. 34(5), pp. 388-396.
- CIPS: How do we measure up?
- CIPS: Supply chain vulnerability.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Supply Chain Visibility and hundreds of other essential business management techniques