Supply Chain Network Design
This concept explores strategies, models and tools for integrating and designing a supply chain. It discusses the factors that help in choosing the right design and identifies the strengths, difficulties and measures used in logistics and supply chains.
Supply Chain Network Design Definition
Supply chain network design (SCND) is the process concerned with determining logistics infrastructure over an extended planning horizon to provide the most effective strategic solution in terms of cost and/or service. Number, type, location of plants and warehouses and the sourcing assignments between these and customers may all be considered (Georgia Tech Supply Chain and Logistics Institute).
Supply Chain Network Design Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Supply Chain Network Design.
Supply Chain Network Design Strengths *
Supply Chain Network Design Weaknesses *
Examples of Supply Chain Network Design *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Supply Chain Network Design Implementation *
Success Factors of Supply Chain Network Design *
Measures of Supply Chain Network Design *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Supply Chain Network Design Videos *
Supply Chain Network Design Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Supply Chain Network Design Web Resources *
Supply Chain Network Design Print Resources *
Supply Chain Network Design References (4 of up to 20) *
- Beamon, B. (1998) Supply Chain Design and Analysis: Models and Methods. International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 55(3), pp. 281-294.
- Bender, T., Hennes, H., Kalcsics, J., Melo, M.T. and Nickel, S. (2002) Location Software and Interface with GIS and Supply Chain Management. In: Z. Drezner and H.W. Hamacher, (Eds.) Facility Location: Applications and Theory, Springer Press.
- Braun, J., Guthrie, M., McCampbell, M. and Sit, V. (No Date) Chrysler Corporation: Innovations in Supply Chain Management. [Online] Available at: (www-personal.umich.edu/~afuah/cases/case3.html) [Accessed 18 December 2011].
- Cecere, L. (2010) Things Do Not Always Go Better With Coke! [Online] Available at: www.supplychainshaman.com/supply-chain-excellence/things-do-not-always-go-better-with-coke/ [Accessed 17 December 2011].
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Supply Chain Network Design and hundreds of other essential business management techniques