Supply Chain Integration
The concept reviews integration and cooperation in supply chains and discusses the professional tools, business evidence and critical success factors of this process.
Supply Chain Integration Definition
Integration of supply chains helps to elevate the "linkages within each component of the chain" and facilitate "better decision making to get all the pieces of the chain to interact in a more efficient way" (Putzger, 1998: 55).
Supply Chain Integration Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Supply Chain Integration.
Supply Chain Integration Strengths *
Supply Chain Integration Weaknesses *
Examples of Supply Chain Integration *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Supply Chain Integration Implementation *
Success Factors of Supply Chain Integration *
Measures of Supply Chain Integration *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Supply Chain Integration Videos *
Supply Chain Integration Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Supply Chain Integration Web Resources *
Supply Chain Integration Print Resources *
Supply Chain Integration References (4 of up to 20) *
- Akkermans, H., Bogerd, P. and Vos, B. (1999) Virtuous and Vicious Cycles on the Road Towards International Supply Chain Management. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Vol. 19(5/6), pp. 565-581.
- Awad, H. and Nassar, M. (2010). Supply Chain Integration: Definition and Challenges. Proceedings of the Multi-Conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists, 17-19 March, Hong Kong.
- Chan, F. and Qi, H.J. (2003) An Innovative Performance Measurement Method for Supply Chain Management. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Vol. 8(3), pp. 209-223.
- Coleman, P. and Austrian, B. (2000) E-Logistics: The Back Office of the New Economy. Bank of America Securities Equity Research. [online] Available at www.bofasecurities.com/featuredresearch/content/research.asp [Accessed 17 October 2011].
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Supply Chain Integration and hundreds of other essential business management techniques