Supply Chain Complexity
The concept covers activities related to identifying, measuring, analysing and controlling complexity. It presents some examples and discusses the strengths, capabilities and success factors embedded in the complexity of supply chains.
Supply Chain Complexity Definition
Analysis of supply chain complexity can be achieved by categorising it into three complexity types: decision-making complexity, structural complexity and behavioural complexity (Calinescu et al., 2001).
Supply Chain Complexity Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Supply Chain Complexity.
Supply Chain Complexity Strengths *
Supply Chain Complexity Weaknesses *
Examples of Supply Chain Complexity *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Supply Chain Complexity Implementation *
Success Factors of Supply Chain Complexity *
Measures of Supply Chain Complexity *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Supply Chain Complexity Videos *
Supply Chain Complexity Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Supply Chain Complexity Web Resources *
Supply Chain Complexity Print Resources *
Supply Chain Complexity References (4 of up to 20) *
- Aspentech (2010) Shell Adopts Global Supply Chain Process to Increase Profitability: Drive 'enterprise first' Strategy Leveraging. White paper. [online] Available at: www.aspentech.com/case_files/shell.pdf [Accessed 25 November 2011].
- Blecker, T. and Kersten, W. (Eds.) (2006). Complexity Management in Supply Chain: Concepts, Tools and Methods. Erich Schmidt Verlach GmBh & Co: Belrin.
- Blecker, T., Kersten, W. and Meyer, C. (2005) Development of an Approach for Analysing Supply Chain Complexity. MPRA Paper No. 5284, posted 7 November 2007. [online] Available at: mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/5284/ [Accessed 06 January 2012].
- Bozarth, C., Warsing , D., Flynn, B. and Flynn, E. (2009) The Impact of Supply Chain Complexity on Manufacturing Plant Performance. International Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 27(1).
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Supply Chain Complexity and hundreds of other essential business management techniques