Supply Base Management
A supply base is defined as the portion of a supply network that is actively managed by a buying company. The concept reviews effective business relationships with suppliers and ways to facilitate better management of the supply base.
Supply Base Management Definition
Supply Base Management (SBM) is a systematic dynamic approach for strategically managing the whole supply base which might include current suppliers, minor suppliers and potential suppliers (Melnyk et al., 2009).
Supply Base Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Supply Base Management.
Supply Base Management Strengths *
Supply Base Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Supply Base Management *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Supply Base Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Supply Base Management *
Measures of Supply Base Management *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Supply Base Management Videos *
Supply Base Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Supply Base Management Web Resources *
Supply Base Management Print Resources *
Supply Base Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Asmus, D. and Griffin, J. (1993) Harnessing the Power of your Suppliers. The McKinsey Quarterly, Vol. 3, pp. 63-78.
- CIPS Australia: An Introduction to Supply Base Management.
- Larson, P. (1994) Buyer-Supplier Co-operation, Product Quality and Total Costs. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol. 24(6), pp. 4-9.
- Leenders, M., Nollet, J. and Elh-am, L. (1994) Adapting Purchasing to Supply Chain. Management: International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol. 24(1), pp. 40-42.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Supply Base Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques