The concept has been designed to provide business professionals with an understanding of how to evaluate and select the right supplier, organise external resources effectively, and identify and manage the risks associated with external suppliers.
Supplier Selection Definition
Supplier selection is the process of selecting a supplier to acquire the necessary materials to support the outputs of organisations. Selection of the best and/or the most suitable suppliers is based on assessing supplier capabilities (Shih et al., 2004).
Supplier Selection Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Supplier Selection.
Supplier Selection Strengths *
Supplier Selection Weaknesses *
Examples of Supplier Selection *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Supplier Selection Implementation *
Success Factors of Supplier Selection *
Measures of Supplier Selection *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Supplier Selection Videos *
Supplier Selection Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Supplier Selection Web Resources *
Supplier Selection Print Resources *
Supplier Selection References (4 of up to 20) *
- Aiter, L., Cokay, C. and Gul, G. (2011) Supplier Evaluation and Selection. [Online] Available at: brd4.ort.org.il/~bashkansky/atqe/lectures/AHP/AHP-Saaty/SupplierEvaluation-Selection.ppt [Accessed: 2 January 2012].
- Business Link. Thinking Strategically When Selecting Suppliers. [Online] Available at: www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?topicId=1073920782 [[email protected] 3 January 2012].
- Chan, F. (2003) Interactive Selection Model for Supplier Selection Process: An Analytical Hierarchy Process Approach. International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 41(15), pp. 3549-3580.
- Choi, T.Y. and Hartley, J. (1996) An Exploration of Supplier Selection Practices Across the Supply Chain. Journal of Operational Management, Vol.14, pp. 333-343.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Supplier Selection and hundreds of other essential business management techniques