Supplier Performance Management
This concept reviews business processes that involve collecting and analysing information that helps to continuously assess supplier performance. It is designed to aid procurement professionals improve their relationship with suppliers and review the steps required to build a collaborative approach.
Supplier Performance Management Definition
Supplier performance management (SPM) refers to the integration of performance evaluation analysis, performance decision, supplier incentives and punishment (Jiang and Bai, 2010). Consequently, SPM is the business process that includes the methods and systems used to collect and provide information in order to measure, rate, or rank suppliers on a continuous basis (Trent, 2011).
Supplier Performance Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Supplier Performance Management.
Supplier Performance Management Strengths *
Supplier Performance Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Supplier Performance Management *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Supplier Performance Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Supplier Performance Management *
Measures of Supplier Performance Management *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Supplier Performance Management Videos *
Supplier Performance Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Supplier Performance Management Web Resources *
Supplier Performance Management Print Resources *
Supplier Performance Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Berr-Sorokin, M. (2011) Supplier Lifecycle Management. Supply and Demand Chain Executive. [Online] Available at: www.sdcexec.com/article/10363134/supplier-lifecycle-management [Accessed: 15 January 2012].
- Bravosolution (a) NHS. [Onlne] Available at: www.bravosolution.com/cms/us/clients/nhs-purchasing-supply-agency [Accessed: 10 January 2012].
- Bravosolution (b) RCS Media Group. [Online] Available at: www.bravosolution.com/cms/us/clients/rcs-mediagroup [Accessed: 10 January 2012].
- CIPS: Performance Monitoring of Suppliers.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Supplier Performance Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques