The concept reviews the process of evaluating and approving potential suppliers by providing a description of the process and measurement methods for the assessment of current and potential suppliers.
Supplier Evaluation Definition
The term 'supplier evaluation' can refer to the process of evaluating and approving potential suppliers by factual and measurable assessment (Roylance, 2006). Supplier evaluation can also be viewed as a process applied to existing suppliers in order to measure and monitor their performance in order to reduce costs, mitigate risk and drive continuous improvement (Gordon, 2008). Sometimes the terms 'supplier evaluation' and 'supplier appraisal' are used interchangeably with (CIPS: How to appraise suppliers).
Supplier Evaluation Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Supplier Evaluation.
Supplier Evaluation Strengths *
Supplier Evaluation Weaknesses *
Examples of Supplier Evaluation *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Supplier Evaluation Implementation *
Success Factors of Supplier Evaluation *
Measures of Supplier Evaluation *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Supplier Evaluation Videos *
Supplier Evaluation Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Supplier Evaluation Web Resources *
Supplier Evaluation Print Resources *
Supplier Evaluation References (4 of up to 20) *
- Arsan, A. and Shank, A. (2011) Implementation Issues: An Analysis of Supplier Evaluation. [Online] Available at: scm.ncsu.edu/scm-articles/article/implementation-issues-an-analysis-of-supplier-evaluatio) [Accessed: 10 January 2012].
- Boudreaux, M. (2009) Evaluation and Reevaluation of Suppliers. Quality Digest. [Online] Available at: www.qualitydigest.com/inside/twitter-ed/evaluation-and-reevaluation-suppliers.html [Accessed: 10 January 2012].
- CIPS: How to appraise suppliers.
- Erridge, A., Fee, R. and McIllroy, R. (2001) Best Practice Procurement: Public and Private Sector Perspectives. Gower Publishing.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Supplier Evaluation and hundreds of other essential business management techniques