This concept reviews the formal and rational processes that can help organisations achieve the strategic positioning of their products and brands. It also addresses the success factors and implementation recommendations.
Strategic Positioning Definition
Strategic positioning is concerned with the way in which a business as a whole distinguishes itself in a valuable way from its competitors and delivers value to specific customer segments (Wickham, 2001: 230).
Strategic Positioning Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Strategic Positioning.
Strategic Positioning Strengths *
Strategic Positioning Weaknesses *
Examples of Strategic Positioning *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Strategic Positioning Implementation *
Success Factors of Strategic Positioning *
Measures of Strategic Positioning *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Strategic Positioning Videos *
Strategic Positioning Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Strategic Positioning Web Resources *
Strategic Positioning Print Resources *
Strategic Positioning References (4 of up to 20) *
- Baines, T., Kay, G., Adesola, S. and Higson, M. (2005) Strategic Positioning: An Integrated Decision Process for Manufacturers. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Vol. 25(2), pp. 180-201.
- Dahlen, M., Lange, F. and Smith, T. (2010) Marketing Communications. Wiley, West Sussex, UK.
- Hamel, G. and Prahalad, C.K. (1989) Strategic Intent. Harvard Business Review, pp. 63-75, May-June.
- Hill, C.W.L. and Jones, G.R. (2008) Strategic Management: An Integrated Approach. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, MA.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Strategic Positioning and hundreds of other essential business management techniques