Strategic IT Acquisition
The complex processes of buying, introducing, adopting, adapting and localising technologies are broken down and guidance is given on development of IT acquisition strategy and measures needed to evaluate the strategy’s effectiveness.
Strategic IT Acquisition Definition
Strategic IT acquisition refers to an investment that requires the expenditure of funds for information technology, which could address a single acquisition; a logical grouping of hardware, software, telecommunications and support services that will involve multiple acquisitions; or a project that will take place either within a particular fiscal year or over a longer life cycle and involve multiple acquisitions (US Department of Commerce, 2007).
Strategic IT Acquisition Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Strategic IT Acquisition.
Strategic IT Acquisition Strengths *
Strategic IT Acquisition Weaknesses *
Examples of Strategic IT Acquisition *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Strategic IT Acquisition Implementation *
Success Factors of Strategic IT Acquisition *
Measures of Strategic IT Acquisition *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Strategic IT Acquisition Videos *
Strategic IT Acquisition Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Strategic IT Acquisition Web Resources *
Strategic IT Acquisition Print Resources *
Strategic IT Acquisition References (4 of up to 20) *
- Barney, J. B. (1991) Firm Resources and Sustained Competitive Advantage, Journal of Management, Vol. 17 (1), pp. 99-120.
- Berkman, R. (2012) GE’s Colab Brings Good Things to the Company, MIT Sloan Management Review, November.
- Business Week (2005) Outsourcing Innovation, [Online], available at: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_12/b3925601.htm.
- CIO (2005) Outsourcing - and Backsourcing - at JPMorgan Chase, [Online], available at: http://www.cio.com/article/10524/Outsourcing_and_Backsourcing_at_JPMorgan_Chase.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Strategic IT Acquisition and hundreds of other essential business management techniques