The concept explains how organisations can leverage strategic intent - energy and resources - to achieve a unified organisational goal. It describes how many leading organisations have achieved success using this philosophy and outlines the steps required to implement it effectively.
Strategic Intent Definition
The strategic intent of an organisation describes how the firm’s energy and resources are channelled into a focused and unified overall goal (Daft et al., 2010; Hamel & Prahalad, 1989). It is the strategic direction and destiny to be pursued by the company (Landrum, 2008).
Strategic Intent Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Strategic Intent.
Strategic Intent Strengths *
Strategic Intent Weaknesses *
Examples of Strategic Intent *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Strategic Intent Implementation *
Success Factors of Strategic Intent *
Measures of Strategic Intent *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Strategic Intent Videos *
Strategic Intent Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Strategic Intent Web Resources *
Strategic Intent Print Resources *
Strategic Intent References (4 of up to 20) *
- Burnes, B. (2009) Managing Change (5th Ed.), Pearson Education, Essex, UK.
- Daft, R. L., Murphy, J. and Willmott, H. (2010) Organization Theory and Design, Cengage Learning, Mason, OH.
- Hamel, G. and Prahalad, C. K. (1989) Strategic Intent, Harvard Business Review, May-June, pp. 63-75.
- Ibis Associates (2010) Competitive Analysis, [Online], available at: http://www.ibisassoc.co.uk/competitive-analysis.htm.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Strategic Intent and hundreds of other essential business management techniques