Strategic alliances are important in today's increasingly interconnected world. Research and case study examples of leading international firms are presented and critical factors for success are outlined.
Strategic Alliance Definition
Strategic alliances are collaborative organisational arrangements that use resources and/or governance structures from more than one existing organisation (Inkpen, 2001).
Strategic Alliance Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Strategic Alliance.
Strategic Alliance Strengths *
Strategic Alliance Weaknesses *
Examples of Strategic Alliance *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Strategic Alliance Implementation *
Success Factors of Strategic Alliance *
Measures of Strategic Alliance *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Strategic Alliance Videos *
Strategic Alliance Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Strategic Alliance Web Resources *
Strategic Alliance Print Resources *
Strategic Alliance References (4 of up to 20) *
- Bloomberg Businessweek (2011) Apple Accused in Suit of E-Book Price Fixing With Publishers, [Online], available at: http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-08-10/apple-accused-in-suit-of-e-book-price-fixing-with-publishers.html.
- Doz, Y. (1996) The Evolution of Cooperation in Strategic Alliances: Initial Conditions or Learning Processes, Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 17 pp. 55-83.
- Doz, Y. and Hamel, G. (1998) Alliance Advantage: The Art of Creating Value Through Partnering, Harvard Business School Press, Boston, MA.
- Dyer, J. H. (1997) Effective Interfirm Collaboration: How Firms Minimize Transaction Costs and Maximise Transaction Value, Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 18 pp. 535-56.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Strategic Alliance and hundreds of other essential business management techniques